Please note that as of Monday 29 November 2021, NELFT Mental Health Direct number will be changing from 0300 555 1000 to 0800 995 1000.
Update: Advice & Guidance
30 April 2021
Advice and guidance was initially piloted by NELFT in memory services but is now available across BHR for all community mental health access services and services for older adults.
(CAMHS and LD to follow).
The reasons why a clinician may wish to seek advice and guidance include:
- Asking another clinician/specialist for their advice on a treatment plan and/or the ongoing management of a patient, including medication advice
- Asking for clarification (or advice) regarding a patient’s test results
- Seeking advice on the appropriateness of a referral for their patient (e.g. whether to refer, or what the most appropriate alternative care pathway might be)
- There is no requirement for patients to have had an A&G episode prior to referral and an episode of A&G should not prevent a subsequent referral if it is in the best interest of the patient.
- Identifying the most clinically appropriate service to refer a patient into (and how to find that service – e.g. what clinical term to search on).
N.B : A&G is not suitable for urgent or high risk cases, nor where there may be some concerns about safeguarding issues.
Primary care colleagues are strongly encouraged to make use of this helpful facility and any feedback is very welcome
CCG contacts are clinical lead Dr Raj Kumar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Kevin Dowling, Primary Care Mental Health Commissioning Manager email@example.com